Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Back to Back Companion Exchanges...

Hello Everyone...
Hope all had a great week last week...
We had a pretty crazy week contacting lots of people and trying to help our missionaries...This week we did two companion exchanges which means that I only had about 2 days to work in my own área haha...

We were able to have quite a bit of success in these exchanges contacting other people with the Video Iniciative of the Church for Easter...We love using the fact that the video is only 3 minutes long to be able to enter into the houses...Everyone has time for three minutes and to watch a video...haha It is a wonderful time of year to be able to share our message because almost automatically everyone is thinking at least a Little bit of Jesús Christ and the Resurrection...My first Exchange of the week I went to a Little town just outside of Hermosillo that is called Pesquiera (pronounced Peskeda) this town is full of people from Southern Mexico and Guatemala....This town lives off of the huge Grape fields and everyone comes up to work in these fields and then they just stay...its kind of a culture shock...there are very few people that are actually from that town haha...Everyone was looking at me like I was a crazy tall White man haha...But it was very nice to see the branch there growing rapidly and how everyone was just so kind and relaxed and open to our message...I loved it...It made me think about how my other brothers would have looked on their missions to these wonderful people...(Also I know why Ben looked so dang tall in all of the pictures he sent to us while he was on his missión) they are quite short :) This Exchange gave me a break from the busy fast paced life of Hermosillo...it was really nice to take a breath....

I was able to learn so much this week...I have gained a higher love for the Savior...watching and rewatching the Easter Video from the Church....and then seeing the change in the face and especialy in the eyes of the people when they realize how many blessings we have thanks to Jesús Christ....

I love you all and wish you a wonderful Easter!
Elder Child

P.S. Here is the link for the easter video  https://www.mormon.org/easter

No comments:

Post a Comment