Monday, June 27, 2016

Just wanting to do the Will of God...

Hello Everyone...I hope everyone had a great week last week...we were able to have two more conferences so in total we have done 7 out of the 9 that we need to do...we will be finishing up with the Zone Conferences this next week...This past week we were in Caborca and Peñasco (2 of my favorite zones haha)  It was a wonderful week with 2 of probably the most spiritual Zone conferences that I have attended..We could just really see and feel that the whole Zone was working hard and being super obedient...It was an edifying experience...

After our Conference in Peñasco, we had planned on doing exchanges with all the Elders on Friday and Saturday...After the Conference however we had a different feeling...we felt that we needed to leave right then and there to go back to Hermosillo...kind of weird we told President, and Sister Robinson took us to the bus stop with our clothes...we left immediately and we got to Hermosillo at about 1 a.m. When I went to bed I really didn't know exactly what to expect something the next day but I felt very strongly we were in Hermosillo for a grand purpose... Friday we got up, like normal, and got ready and started studying And while I was studying I remembered a few Elders that are here in Hermosillo...that I thought in my own mind were doing just fine and that they were happy...but I felt like we were to have companion exchanges with these Elders...I called them up and they were ecstatic to do them...I told my companions and they were in agreeance...Later in the day as we were on exchanges we found out that one of these missionaries was just fine...He is always happy..A pretty happy go lucky type of guy...An amazing missionary....the other missionary however (who is an amazing District Leader) had gotten a little discouraged with his area and with the mission in general...We might not know what would have happened if we wouldn't have done those exchanges...After finding this out I was filled with a wonderful spirit of gratitude...i am so grateful for listening and following the promptings of the Holy Ghost...We were able to help that missionary a ton, we took him to our area and he was very grateful for the chance to do Exchanges... 

So we finally found out why we had to be in Hermosillo on Friday...
As I keep growing as a missionary I find that now my only purpose is to do the Will of God...As we see the new missionaries getting to the mission we usually ask them What they want to accomplish on their mission...the majority say BAPTIZE! I have found that yes it is nice to baptize and it is God's will that we baptize but I have found that that isn't my full purpose...In these 22 months I have learned that while doing God's will at all times I find peace and joy...I receive tons of blessings everyday from this wonderful service, also as I do God's Will I receive his confidence in every aspect of this wonderful Work of Salvation.

Sure Love you guys
Elder Child

No comments:

Post a Comment