Tuesday, December 2, 2014

My Family Here and There....



Hola Everyone...
I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving....My Thanksgiving was pretty good...We didnt have turkey or anything but we did have Hamburgers =) Haha Thanksgiving day was kind of hard...just because it was Thanksgiving and I am here and not there...it was kind of funny through the day when we would check the time....we would think of what our families would be doing at that moment ....haha like at 9:00 I knew my family might have been watching the Macys Parade while eating Scrapple....then Thanksgiving Lunch at 1 or 2 and then Football, Shooting skeet, and Turkey sandwiches in the Evening...Needless to say I was a little home sick haha....But going along with Thanksgiving I am grateful for so many things...I am so grateful for my Eternal family and all of the support they give me....I am also grateful for my wonderful calling that I have and the opportunity I have to share this wonderful Gospel and to share how we can be with our Wonderful Families forever...


This week we had a couple of baptisms....I love this family...The parents were inactive when my companion and I met them...then as we started to teach them, their children started listening as well...It is a great a experience to see their progress...Now the Parents are Reactivated and their 2 sons are baptized and so hopefully if everything goes well they can be Sealed in the Temple in the Future...It was a great experience...I baptized the oldest (David) haha I know weird same name...and my companion baptized the younger (Rafael).... But I learned more at this last baptism, how wonderful the power of the Priesthood can be and the cleansing power of the Atonement...And how real it is for us to Act in the Name of Jesus Christ....


Ok One more thing...haha so we didnt have a very big Thanksgiving dinner...but on Saturday (the day of our Baptism) we had a huge lunch of Carne Asada...and no joke I probably had 20 or 25 tacos but they were a little smaller haha and then after David y Rafas baptism they had a fiesta at their house and we had more Carne asada...only ate 6 this time and then on Sunday we had Carne Asada Again for lunch....Lets just say we got our Thanksgiving feast this week...haha It is super weird to get Carne Asada here let alone 3 times in the same week...


I hope everyone is doing well with everything...I pray for you all everyday...
I am thankful for all of you...
Love
Elder Child


P.S. Share this great video He is the Gift...to everyone....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzjFEMmM0Xs



#sharethegift


Thanksgiving Dinner...I wore my festive tie hahaha


Picture of Family Parra....David y Rafaels Baptism




Carne Asada!! That pot in the middle was full of meat...We could hardly walk after that lunch haha


No comments:

Post a Comment