Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Fasting and a Baptism.

Hello Everyone....
We had a great week this last week...It seems like we knock on doors all day everyday...but we finally are able to enter into a few houses by the end of the day...
This has been my hardest area by far...But I have seen sooo many blessings...

Starting our Transfers here my companion and I struggled to be able to get to know the area and find new people to teach...we decided to fast...and in one way or another we have been able to find people that are ready to be baptized...In an area that "never baptizes" with Gods help we have baptized and they are strong converts...We have been soo blessed... Since our first fast that we had in this area we have continued fasting...for various reasons...but we have fasted almost every week for the past 12....I feel such a spiritual power that comes from the fast....I felt pretty physically spent in these last 12 weeks but my spirit makes my body keep going...
 
On Saturday we were able to have a baptism of a Lady named Viviana...she is the boyfriend of a member here....But what I love about this situation is that Viviana was baptized for her self not for her boyfriend...She has a strong testimony of the Book of Mormon after having and studying a copy for more than a year. She knows the church is true and that Joseph Smith was a Prophet of God....She also knows that Thomas S. Monson is a Prophet of God...

Also Another quick story about the other convert that was baptized a month ago...Eduardo and I were sitting next to each other in Sacrament Meeting and after we took the Sacrament he patted me on the Back and said "Elder Child what an Honor....it is an honor for me to take of the sacred emblems of Christs Sacrifice and remember Him"  He understands the importance of the Sacrament :) With an understanding of the sacrament it will be hard for him to fall away...He has started a long road to His Father in Heaven and He is sticking to the path...We love him and we learn so much from him....

Love you all
Elder Child
 
                                  Baptism of Viviana...:) Short in Stature but Strong in Spirit
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment