Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Imuris!

Hey Everyone...
This week was wonderful!! It has truly been nice to get back in the swing of things and just focus on my area and my little branch...

A few things about Imuris...there are about 10,000 people here and the Branch is quite small..yesterday we had about 30 people in church...which is really cool...My companion is Elder Hyatt from Texas and has about 6 months in the mission...We are quite enjoying our time...and working super hard...we are all out of pamphlets and Books of Mormon already so we will have to go up to Nogales to grab some more materials tomorrow haha...

We have a goal to knock every door in this little town in the time I have left as a Missionary...so we have been walking and knocking and walking some more to accomplish this goal so that we can find more people to teach...We have an amazing Baptismal Goal that we have set with a lot of faith...that we truly believe that can happen in this little town...It is amazing to see how many people God is putting in out path....For example one day as we were knocking doors we found a family that had just moved from Michoacan the day before...and it was a whole family that is ready to listen to the Gospel...The hot days are pretty long just knocking doors but God always places someone in our path to keep our Spirits bright...In total we found almost 30 new investigators after knocking this week...

One experience that I had this past week was on Sunday...It was a little crazy for our first Sunday in the House of Prayer (small house converted into a chapel) My companion was busy teaching classes and I was busy with all of the Administrative things...After our 3 hours of meetings I had a list of things to do with a number of people... and on our way to the lunch I started thinking about everyone of the members and their needs...I feel a great love and worry for every one of them...I thought to myself that there was a ridiculous amount of things to do...after arriving at the lunch I looked up on the wall and saw a picture of the First Presidency and then thought "How can they do it?...with all of the needs of all the members in the whole world" ....Then looking at the opposite facing wall..where a picture of Jesus Christ was hanging...I thought "How can He do it so Perfectly and so completely with every person that has ever existed and that will ever exist?" So my attitude here is exactly what Pres. Uchtdorf taught "Lift where you stand"...Thats all I can do...So we will be quite busy with Branch Business and with the Normal Missionary Work...

Thanks for all your support...and Congrats Zack on turning 12 and recieving the Aaronic Priesthood!

Love you All
Elder Child
 
                                              Huge Statue in the Middle of Imuris!
 
 
                                                                  Elder Hyatt and I
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment