Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Last Week in the Offices...

Hello Everyone I hope everyone had a wonderful week of Summer...I also hope all could enjoy their 4th of July Activities...

This week has been pretty crazy we had Leadership Conference on Tuesday and another Training Progress Conference on Friday with All of the new missionaries that are in training...The rest of the days we were working on transfers...haha but we were still able to work a little bit more in our area...

On Monday we had an amazing 4th of July...All of the Office Elders were invited to go over to the Mission Home for the whole afternoon...haha We made hamburgers and hot dogs, made homemade ice cream, and sang Patriotic Hymns haha it was by far the best 4th of July on the Mission...It was great...I will attach some pictures...As time passes I ponder and marvel on how great the United States is and how important it was and is in the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ...I am so glad to have been born in such a great country...I hope and pray everyday that God keeps blessing us as a country so that we may be able to keep on helping others in the world. We have so much to be grateful for indeed...

Once again during this past week we had to make the Transfers in the Mission...And once again I was reassured that everything that happens in this Church is by Revelation...Every transfer was made with lots of prayer and thought...Last transfer as I have commented, I felt strongly that we should finally send Sister missionaries to a little town outside of Hermsillo where not one Sister Missionary had been...ever...This time it was a similar experience...Agua Prieta has been an Elder Only Zone for about 5 years...for many reasons...however this week we all felt that we should send the first sister missionaries there again...It is kind of weird to think that Sister missionaries will now be in Agua Prieta...but I know that God wants them there at this time. We felt a reassurance everytime we prayed.  When making a transfer, I felt very strongly the hand of the Lord helping us, giving us ideas and talking about them...At the end of this week...I know the 98 missionaries we changed are going to the place where they are needed and with the companion that can either help them or they can help their companion...

The hardest transfer decision to make was mine...It is very weird making your own transfers but in a group effort...everyone chimed in expressing their thoughts...As everyone expressed their thoughts I felt the Holy Ghost testifying of where I needed to go...In this moment I reflected to all of my mission,every transfer, where I was and who was I with and then I thought of every other assistant there had been and both of the Mission Presidents I have had, and when they are making the transfers...talking about me and my needs...and then with the Spirit.. They have all sent me Exactly where I needed to be and who I needed to be with..I am so grateful for all of my Leaders that have followed the Spirits Guide as they have made my transfers...I have strived to do the same...

So I have been transfered to go to a little town called Imuris, it is about 30 minutes away from Magdalena, where I was about 10 months ago...I will be working in the Branch Presidency and will be opening area there haha...So in my whole mission the only time I will have not opened area on a transfer is when I got into the offices haha..this is very unusual...but every time I have had the opportunity to grow...so this will be my 7th time having this opportunity haha...

I love you all and hope to talk to you soon...My P Day will now change back to Monday as I leave the offices...
Love Elder Child
 
                                         Cutting up Snickers Bars to put in the Ice Cream...
 
 
                                               Almost all of us...at the end of our Big Lunch!
 
 
                                            The Relief after all of the Transfers were done...:)
 
 
                       Road Trip with President to find more little towns to send missionaries...
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment