Monday, September 22, 2014

Prayer & Personal Revelation...

What a wonderful long week...haha.  Congratulations to Bronson Dille for getting the Aaronic Priesthood and Jake for being ordained a Priest...We are truly blessed to have the Power of God here on the Earth.  Before I get into the Spiritual Stuff, let me talk about a few things...
1.  Food...mmmmmmmm...The food here is great--even though a lot of missionaries don't like it...I seriously don't know why they are saying that...Last Saturday for dinner we had Blackened Chicken and Alfredo for dinner it was so yummy:)  We have had Cordon Bleu once and yesterday for lunch we had Steak!  Really?  Fancy lunch haha:) But it tasted soooo good...We get BYU Creamery Ice Cream every Wednesday and Saturday.  Every other day we can have ice cream bars...I usually don't get one because I am usually stuffed...Whenever we can get away we head up to the  Main Campus for lunch...they just have a HUGE selection of food to choose from...we have 2 choices here and I usually pick, ummm both!  Haha, yes I know two main courses every meal...I am also trying to drink a full glass of grape juice a day (Heaven on Earth)...So for the beverages I usually have chocolate milk or juice...You can tell which missionaries have been here by what they drink.  The newbies still drink soda every meal and the missionaries that are about to leave usually have a couple of glasses of water.
2.  Thank you so much for the wonderful packages from The Dille Family, it came at a much needed time:)...And thanks Mom and Dad for the packages also...All the Elders in my district are wanting you to send them a package so that they will feel "loved" haha
3.  Thank you Mom and Dad for getting me high quality white shirts that don't wrinkle easily...haha one of the Elders in my apartment has a lower quality white shirt that wrinkles so easily and STAYS wrinkly, like seriously!  We cannot get them to straighten so he is borrowing some of mine until he gets some more from his parents...

Ok tomorrow we are able to attend the Ogden Temple Dedication, which is exciting :) even though, because of scheduling, we have to have Sacrament Meeting at 7:45 haha:)
We received 2 more investigators this week and taught them every day...they aren't as easy as our first but we are progressing well with both...

So this whole week has been about Prayer and Revelation.  On Tuesday night, at our devotional, Elder Richard G. Scott came and talked about prayer and how essential it is in our lives...One thing I really liked about that talk is that he said that we always have expectations for Him whether it is blessing our food or needing help with our problems...But what we never think about is what are His expectations for us, when we pray..what does he want to find out about us and what does he want to know from our lives...Even though He knows everything in our lives we need to tell him what we are feeling and he summed it up in one phrase, talk to Him like you talk to your Earthly Father...It was a really good talk:)

Last night we had a class with our main teacher, he partnered us up with different missionaries other than our companions and asked us to pray and ponder and search the scriptures for about 15-20 minutes.  We were supposed to be searching for what the other Elder needed in his life without asking him, and then after we were to discuss with that Elder what our impressions were...so he started splitting  us up and because there is a trio in our district, I was the odd elder out...So, he told me that I was to be partnered up with him...my teacher...What?!!  I thought to myself, how in the heck is this going to work...I could help any elder (I thought at the time with a motivational missionary scripture) but our teacher?????  How was I supposed to do that...I knew nothing about his life and what he struggled with...So I started out with prayer...lots and lots of prayer..and I wasn't getting anything until I thought, "Oh, he's a teacher and he's in school, maybe I will look for the Section in the D&C that talks about the School of the Prophets and I will thank him for helping my whole district out with Spanish and Gospel Doctrine...So I turned there and I felt that that wasn't the thing I should tell him...So what now?   5 minutes left in our allotted time and I had nothing..So I was flipping through D&C trying to find something last minute...and I stopped at Section 88 and I am not sure what verses they were but they discussed having patience and Trust in God...I felt like I needed to share those verses so we sat down and I started discussing with him what scriptures were on my mind and how he needed to trust in the Lord and have patience whether it be with school or whatever...Then in that same section in verse 40 (I read this one a lot) it discusses what we need to be looking for in Future Spouses haha and it just hit me that's the one I need to share...So I shared all that I had, including verse 40 and he looked me in the eye and said, "Elder Child, that is exactly what I needed to hear."  He told me about how he has been home for about 4 years, had 6 girlfriends and liked a girl last semester but she went home for the summer but she came back and lives across the street...and my teacher is actually rooming with her brother...he told me that verse 40 was good for him because that is what ne needs to be seeking for and the verses about patience is very applicable because he has changed his major 4 times and has been getting frustrated that none of his plans with lady friends or with school are working out...

Whoa, did that actually happen...I just received revelation for my teacher, someone I have never known and barely even met 3 weeks ago...
(I hope that came through clearly I am writing really quick)

Well, now it was his turn to teach me what I needed to be taught he turned to the story of Ammon (when he cuts off the arms of the people who stole his sheep) and told me to read through it...the verses before he cuts off the arms and after the bad guys steal his sheep of all the guys that were with him were super scared because of the bad guys they didn't want to die...and Ammon tells them that they shouldn't worry..kind of a Nephite attitude..great story...It relates to me because I have been kind of scared to go to Northern Mexico because of the drug cartels and such and it just reminded me that God is in charge and everything will be alright and we are going to gather sheep to return them to the Shepherd...

Just a really cool experience about revelation...Ok I will be sending pics shortly. Sorry if the wording is kind of choppy...that is two things...my Spanish is kicking in and I am typing really quick to get this all in...
Love you all,
Elder Child

P.S. Sad news the MTC West Campus will be closing 2 weeks after I leave...sad day haha. Everyone else will be consolidated on the main campus, just FYI


Dille's package :) Thanks Again!

Trying to see the BYU footbal game from our apartment...

The river...a place we can come and study...it's so nice :)

So I got a haircut yesterday and BOY is it short...Good thing I got cookies to cheer me up!



No comments:

Post a Comment