Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Hard Goodbyes and Long Bus Rides...

Hello Everyone...
Hope all the Mothers had a great day on Sunday...We sure appreciate you all....Got to talk to the Family and am glad to hear everything is going well....I was a little more emotional talking to my family this time then I was when we talked on Christmas...One of the main reasons why is because I was already a little emotional on Sunday because Saturday we found out transfers...and I had to say goodbye to everyone in Agua Prieta...The many hugs and firm handshakes from almost every member was accompanied by the whole congregation singing God Be with You till we meet again as the last hymn of Sacrament Meeting...Maria started crying when we told her that I would be going...It was super hard to say goodbye....With finding, teaching, helping, and serving another person as we have done with Maria I have experimented a Christ like Love for Maria...She will always be in my prayers as well as every person in Agua Prieta....


So I will be going (drum roll please haha) to Puerto Penasco...I will be going as Zone Leader my companion is Elder Celaya from Oaxaca...When I first heard this assignment I felt insufficient to be Zone Leader so early in my mission but over the past couple days I have felt more and more confident taking this Position....Also we will be opening an area once again...haha It was quite funny because I have opened my past 2 areas and thought that for the first time in my mission I will have a companion that knows the people and the streets in the area but I thought wrong haha So I am excited to start over again haha...Puerto Penasco is right on the East coast of the Gulf of California...it is wonderful weather with 80 degrees F and almost 55% humidity....Puerto Penasco reminds me of Cabo San Lucas...right on the coast but still pretty deserty ....Almost all of the streets are covered in Beach sand which makes walking and riding bikes a little harder...especially with sand in your shoes...We have been meeting quite a few new people on our first day here...Also a little about the journey here...I started out at 8 am in Agua Prieta taking the bus to Hermosillo there I caught another bus to go to Puerto Penasco at 2 pm and finally arrived at about 10 pm last night haha so almost 12 hours on a bus...quite nice to get a few hours of sleep in haha


I am grateful for the new area and the new assignment I have been given...I just hope I can fulfill my purpose...
Mom I hope you had a wonderful Mothers Day ....Thank you for everything...


Love you all
Elder Child


Also Wanted to congradulate everyone that will be graduating this weekend....GO BIG RED!!

No comments:

Post a Comment