Monday, June 29, 2015

Tender Mercies and Great Miracles....



Hello Everyone....
I hope everyone had a great week this week...Congrats to Matt and my New Sister-In-Law Elisabeth for their desire to enter in the House of the Lord and to be sealed for all time and eternity...It was kind of funny Saturday I couldnt help but think a little about the wedding and the reception afterwards haha my companion and I stopped about 6 p.m. to eat a Celebratory Ice Cream Bar to celebrate a little with the newleyweds and to cool down a little bit...But I tried my best to focus myself on the work...and on Saturday we found so many new people to teach and Sunday we had a record of 13 new investigators in the Church...it was amazing...Just a tender mercy of the Lord telling me that I am doing alright and that I am completing my purpose here in this area....


During weekly planning this week we were going through the Area Book(a binder that has all of the records of all of the investigators in our area) we were searching using the Holy Ghost to help us find any old investigators that were now ready to progress and be baptized...We picked out a few records and that same day we searched there houses...One sister named Ofelia was on one of the records...we felt that she would be ready...the missionaries haven't taught her in almost 8 months...We spent a lot of time trying to find where she lived (she had a crazy address) and finally we found her...come to find out more than 6 missionaries have taught her and she pretty much understood everything of every lesson that we teach....and I was thinking what we could teach her that she hasn't already heard...My companion and I were praying in secret throughout the whole lesson to have the Holy Ghost with us...We taught a little bit about the Restoration and we could feel the spirit really strong, at that moment she told us...You know what Elders this time I am going to be ready to be baptized....Its my time....She is a widow that has 4 kids and all of them came to church yesterday...we are really excited to see what happens with her and all of her kids...
We have had a few more experiences like this this past week....it has been a great source to find more people to teach...


All in all this has been a great week with lots of success!
Thanks for all of your love and support!
Love Elder Child

                        Swung by Burger King for Lunch today....a little taste of America!


Sister Wood (I sent a picture of Sister Wood last week!) at my Brothers Wedding she was nice enough to stop bye and drop off a gift from me haha Sister Wood was in my Zone last transfer and got back home last Monday!



No comments:

Post a Comment