Thursday, December 31, 2015

Second Christmas in the Mission...

¡Hola!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas...We had an excellant Christmas....We ate tons..I think we gained about 10 pounds just this week...haha
We spent the day with lots of members and investigators...We also contacted lots of people on the street, they all seemed to be a lot nicer this week...haha...

Monday we were able to go to Hermosillo for a Special Christmas Conference with the President and Sister Robinson...We heard lots of talks and sang lots of songs all about Christmas...We also ate a dinner of Mole with Chicken which was really good haha...you can just imagine how much chicken they had to make to feed 180 missionaries that of course eat a lot... We were able to feel a sweet Christmas Spirit with us that day...That same Spirit stayed with us for all week long...
Tuesday I had a meeting with some other leaders of the Mission in Hermosillo and I arrived late Tuesday night to Caborca to meet back up with my companion...So this week went by really fast...

Christmas Eve we ate Tamales, Chicken wrapped in Bacon, Pork Loin, Potatoes and other salads...haha Poor Elder Wilson could barely walk afterwards haha...Christmas Morning we woke up and did our regular studies...for a part of our Companionship Study we read out loud the Story of the Birth Of Jesus Christ...and it brought back tons of memories of being home with the family reading out loud the same story year after year...we were also able to read this story lots of times throughout the day with the Members and Investigators...

We were able to talk to our families Christmas Day...I loved it...I finally got to meet my new Sister In Law haha and see how all of my brothers are growing...To end our Skype call we said a family prayer and never have I felt so close to home but so far away...I am getting excited for the next Christmas when we can all be at home and pray as a family...

We did tons of things this week but all day long on Christmas I was able to feel the Love of Christ for me and for the rest of my brothers and sisters here on Earth...I will never forget the experiences and feelings that I have had on these Christmases away from home...

Love You All
Elder Child
 
                  Christmas Devotional with President and Sister Robinson...kind of fuzzy
 
 
                                                       Nativity outside of the Temple
 
 
                                                   Our Little Charlie Brown Christmas Tree...
 
 
                                                                Me and My Family
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment